- We will be kind and helpful and will not hurt people's feelings.
- We will have respect, be gentle and not hurt anyone.
- We will listen to everyone and not interrupt people when they are talking.
- We will work hard and not waste our or other people's time.
- We will be honest and not cover up the truth.
- We will look after property and will not waste or damage things.
We have a behaviour ladder which shows the rewards that the children can expect for keeping to and following the golden rules. We have a behaviour snake which shows the consequences that the children can expect if they break the golden rules. The golden rules, the behaviour ladder and the behaviour snake are displayed in the classrooms for children teachers to refer to.
The whole of the Junior school has golden time at the same time so that the children have a much wider choice of activities to choose as a reward for their good behaviour. Each teacher in the Juniors offers a different activity which the children sign up for during the week. To ensure that everyone gets a chance to sample all of the activities on offer children cannot sign up for the same activity week after week and each class has 4 spaces in each activity to be filled. This means that children get to work with children from different classes during golden time which is another very positive feature.
At 2.30pm on a Friday the school is a hive of activity as the Junior children make their way to their chosen activity. The activities on offer are drama, arts and crafts, construction, board games, a chill-out zone, film, cooking, table tennis and indoor games. Each term the School Council meet with Mrs Saunderson to review the activities on offer and see if any changes are needed.