Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
The governing body of Devonshire Primary School, like all maintained school governing bodies, is comprised of different types of governors.
- Parent governors - are elected by parents of children in the school. To be eligible for election a parent must have a child at the school at the time of election.
- Co-opted governors - are individuals appointed by the governing body because of their special expertise that will contribute to the effective governance and success of the school and their commitment to the school.
- Local Authority (LA) governor - is nominated by Sutton Local Authority and appointed by the governing body.
- Staff governor - is elected by staff at the school. To be eligible for election a member of staff must be employed by the local authority to work at the school.
- Headteacher - the Headteacher is an ex-officio member of the governing body (by virtue of the office).
The governing body appoints associate members with special skills to contribute on issues relating to their specific expertise.