Key objectives - 3 Year Vision 2018-2021
Devonshire Primary School's aims are as follows:
- For all stakeholders to work together, with the common aim of providing the best possible outcomes for our children.
- For all end of Key Stage attainment, including the proportion of children working at greater depth, to exceed the national average each year.
- To provide our children with teaching that is at least good, to ensure that they make good progress each year.
- To encourage and enable our children to be enthusiastic and active learners who have the confidence to try something new and strive to be the best that they can be.
- To provide a range of opportunities to enrich our children's experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- To ensure that our children are proud members of the Devonshire community and that this is reflected in their attitude and behaviour.
- To promote and celebrate diversity, pride and success in the Devonshire community.
- To give each voice within the school community the opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of our school.
- To be a valued and active part of the local community.
- For attendance to exceed the national average each year.
- To promote the school's website as a hub for current information.
- To make an informed decision regarding Devonshire's commitment to a successful, mutually beneficial schools' partnership.
In 2019/2020, we have 5 key areas of school development, taken from our 3 year objectives.
- Attendance - To maximise teaching and learning time through good attendance and punctuality.
- Behaviour - To celebrate consistent behaviour and ensure that children are ready to learn throughout the day.
- Challenge - To ensure that all children are provided with opportunities that challenge them in their learning.
- Disadvantaged pupils - To broaden the experiences of the disadvantaged pupils.
- Enrichment - To provide children with opportunities to apply, embed and extend their knowledge and understanding and develop their skills of independent and self motivated learning.