The governing body of Devonshire Primary School, like all maintained school governing bodies, is comprised of different types of governors.
- Parent governors - are elected by parents of children in the school. To be eligible for election a parent must have a child at the school at the time of election.
- Co-opted governors - are individuals appointed by the governing body because of their special expertise that will contribute to the effective governance and success of the school and their commitment to the school.
- Local Authority (LA) governor - is nominated by Sutton Local Authority and appointed by the governing body.
- Staff governor - is elected by staff at the school. To be eligible for election a member of staff must be employed by the local authority to work at the school.
- Headteacher - the Headteacher is an ex-officio member of the governing body (by virtue of the office).
The governing body appoints associate members with special skills to contribute on issues relating to their specific expertise.
CURRENT GOVERNING BODY MEMBERS - 2022-23
|Governor's Full Name||Category of Governor||Appointed by||Current Terms of Office From|
Terms of Office To/
Date stepped down if appropriate
|Mr Umair Ahsan||Parent||Parents||20/9/2021||19/9/2025|
|Mrs Anne Arnold||Co-opted||Governing Body||16/11/2021||15/11/2025|
|Mrs Jennifer Brooks||Parent||Parents||20/9/2021||19/9/2025|
|Mrs Gillian Griffin||Co-opted||Governing Body||01/04/2019|
|Mrs Emma Lavery *||Co-opted||Governing Body||12/11/2022||11/11/2026|
|Dr Amin Mirza||Parent||Parents||06/07/2019||05/07/2023|
|Miss Fiona Oastler||Headteacher (ex-officio)||Governing Body||01/09/2017||Ex Officio|
|Miss Trudy Sumner||Staff Governor||Governing Body||8/2/2021||7/2/2025|
* Parent Governor until 11/11/2022
Governors whose term of office ended in 2021-2022
|Name of Governor|