The governing body of Devonshire Primary School, like all maintained school governing bodies, is comprised of different types of governors.
- Parent governors - are elected by parents of children in the school. To be eligible for election a parent must have a child at the school at the time of election.
- Co-opted governors - are individuals appointed by the governing body because of their special expertise that will contribute to the effective governance and success of the school and their commitment to the school.
- Local Authority (LA) governor - is nominated by Sutton Local Authority and appointed by the governing body.
- Staff governor - is elected by staff at the school. To be eligible for election a member of staff must be employed by the local authority to work at the school.
- Headteacher - the Headteacher is an ex-officio member of the governing body (by virtue of the office).
The governing body appoints associate members with special skills to contribute on issues relating to their specific expertise.
|Governor's Full Name||Category of Governor||Appointed by||Terms of Office From||
Terms of Office To/
Date stepped down if appropriate
|Mr Jason Bettis||Associate Member||Governing Body||19/11/2019||18/11/2021|
|Mrs Wendy Close||Associate Member||Governing Body||19/11/2019||18/11/2021|
|Ms Charleen Cutler||Parent||Parents||06/07/2019||05/07/2023|
|Mr Simon Doubell||Co-opted||Governing Body||26/06/2018||25/06/2022|
|Mr Chris Eley||LA||Governing Body||01/09/2018||31/08/2022|
|Mrs Gillian Griffin||Co-opted||Governing Body||01/04/2019||
|Mrs Paula Harrison||Associate Member||Governing Body||19/11/2019||18/11/2021|
|Mr Krishnamurthy Jayaraman||Co-opted||Governing Body||26/06/2018||25/06/2022|
|Mrs Emma Lavery||Parent||Parents||12/11/2018||11/11/2022|
|Mrs Laura Love||Associate Member||Governing Body||19/11/2019||18/11/2021|
|Dr Amin Mirza||Parent||Parents||06/07/2019||05/07/2023|
|Miss Fiona Oastler||Headteacher (ex-officio)||Governing Body||01/09/2017||Ex Officio|
|Mrs Bethan Scrivens||Associate Member||Governing Body||19/11/2019||18/11/2021|
|Miss Trudy Sumner||Staff Governor||Governing Body|
|Mrs Sarah Underwood||Staff Governor||Governing Body||15/12/2016||14/12/2020|